Rep. Delgado Holds First Weekly Telephone Town Hall on Coronavirus in NY-19 With Nearly 5,000 Listeners
RHINEBECK, NY—After holding 35 in-person town halls since being sworn in, last Friday, Rep. Antonio Delgado (NY-19) held his first of what will be weekly telephone town halls focused on the COVID-19 pandemic to remain transparent and accessible to his constituents, while following the State and CDC social distancing guidelines.
The telephone town hall focused on the coronavirus pandemic and how communities in New York’s 19th Congressional District are responding. Rep. Delgado’s town hall also featured panelists including local county executives, leaders in the small business community and health experts, all whom provided additional information in response to questions. The questions focused on the importance of enacting the Defense Protection Act to increase medical supplies and get more hospital beds in New York, supporting small businesses and family farms, expanding access to COVID-19 testing, and increasing access to unemployment assistance.
Below is a copy of the audio file of telephone town hall, as well as a list of the panelists and contributors. Congressman Delgado will continue to hold telephone town halls to connect with the community and hear folks’ concerns throughout this unprecedented health emergency.
- Ulster County Executive Pat Ryan;
- Dutchess County Executive Marc Molinaro;
- John Liddle, the Deputy County Manager of Sullivan County;
- Steve Kelley, the President and CEO of Ellenville Regional Hospital;
- Dan Rickman, the Deputy District Director of the Small Business Administration Syracuse District Office;
- Eric Ooms, the Vice President of the New York State Farm Bureau;
- Ray Pucci, President of the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce; and
- Dr. A.K. Vaidian, Dutchess County Commissioner of Behavioral and Community Health.